Schweps Mobile Home Park
Rules and Regulations
Residents must have liability insurance coverage (fire, theft, vandalism, etc.). Management is not responsible for damage, injury or loss by accident, theft or fire to any property of the resident, the resident's family or guests.
7. HOME REQUIREMENTS AND MAINTENANCE OF THE HOME
(1) Skirting - Skirting must be aluminum or vinyl, designed to be used as manufactured home skirting. Skirting must be straight, and may not be dented or peeled. Skirting may not contain holes unless these holes are part of the manufacturer's original skirting design. New homes must be skirted within thirty (30) days.
(2) Door or storm doors - Exterior doors must be in good repair with no denting, rusting or peeling material. Doors may not be patched or repaired with a material other than the same material which the door was designed and manufactured with when new. No plastic covers are permitted over doors or broken windows except on a temporary basis until repairs can be made, although repairs must be made promptly and within a reasonable time.
(3) Windows - Windows must be in good repair, with no broken glass or plastic covering inside or outside. Replacement windows must be installed with written park approval in a neat and workmanlike manner. Steel roll up security shutters are not permitted.
(4) Awnings and Enclosures - Awnings must be made of aluminum manufactured for use on mobile homes and anchored securely with adequate posts. No dented roof panels, bent posts, down spouts, peeling paint, fading, rusty screws or other similar conditions are permitted. Enclosures are only permitted on the front door side of the home and may only be of a type manufactured of aluminum and designed for such a purpose. Homemade enclosures are not permitted. Residents who wish to install an enclosure must receive written permission from park management to do so and should request such permission before any purchase is made.
(5) Sheds - Sheds must be made of either aluminum or wood, manufactured and sold complete, and transported into the park on a truck as a finished product. Homemade sheds are not permitted. Maximum shed height is 8' measured from the floor to the peak of the roof. Maximum size is 8' by 12' unless prior written approval for cause shown is received from park management. Location must be approved by park management so as to insure conformance with its surroundings and so that it is not located over underground utilities. The ground must be covered with plywood when the shed is erected to prevent ruts in the yard or damage to underground utilities. Sheds must be kept free of dents, rusty screws, fading, and must be kept painted if wood. The shed base must be wood; concrete bases are not permitted. Sheds may be raised above the ground on concrete blocks and must be enclosed with skirting matching the home if above ground more than 8". Each homeowner is allowed only one shed unless prior written approval is obtained from the management.
(6) Steps and Decks - Steps and decks must be made of wood and must be kept painted. Rotted wood must be promptly replaced. A satisfactory railing must be installed around decks. The construction or installation of decks or steps must be approved of in writing by park management. Any deck larger than 3 ft. X 3 ft. must be built in accordance with Bethlehem Township regulations. Any concrete footers that are installed must be removed by the homeowner upon removal of the deck.
(7) Air Conditioners - Air conditioners must be kept in good repair and painted, with no rusting, peeling or unsightly covers and must be installed in a neat and workmanlike fashion with proper support (no posts to the ground) and at a location that is not unsightly (such as the front to the home).
(8) Heat Tapes - Heat tape must be of a type that is safe for use on plastic waterlines and must be kept in working order with proper insulation over the heat cable.
(9) Oil Tank - Oil tanks are not permitted on new homes - Oil tanks on existing homes must be kept painted, rust free, level, above ground and must be located away from underground utilities. Management reserves the right to inspect oil tanks at any time and to require replacement or repair if a tank is found to be leaking or about to leak, or if an oil tank otherwise is determined to constitute an environmental or safety hazard.
(10) Smoke Detectors - Smoke detectors are required in all homes, one (1) if bedrooms are all on one end of home, and two (2) if there are bedrooms on each end. Smoke detectors must be in working order at all times.